I ran with Victory, NMCA, and NSS inc. Several times doing match races with NSS inc. we ran with some of the 405 street outlaws, and our NSS cars all pitted together drew about 30 or so olds guys talking about stuff they seen and did 40 years ago, and the street outlaw pits were mobbed with about a thousand people wanting autographs and t-shirts. Even my nephew that rode to the track with me went over an got a street outlaw T-shirt. My 64 Dodge was built with the help of Tech Students at the college I taught at. Built the car in 1994, kids all thought it was neat. I taught for 26 years; the new students did not even know what a super stock dodge was. All they were interested in was blowers, Turbos, and nitrous, and outlaw street racing. Times are just changing. I had one student win a car on Pinks.

As far as the carb rules go. Back in the day before my Dodge was changed over to NSS rules, it had one of the old Wieand cross rams with a single dominator. And it was an original NASCAR Dominator with a choke. That was not nostalgic enough, so I put on a 1964 Chrysler cross ram, car slowed down 4 tenths. First NSS race I drove my bosses 63 dodge with a cross ram I think it ran 11.50's and was in the middle of the pack. When I sold my NSS 64 Dodge is ran 9.60's still with AFB carbs. Originally, we had rules on how fast the cars could go. after all the 1965 national record for Super Stock was what? 10.90's The first match race was with a promoter in St. Louis at a race called muscle from the past, and he had the maxwedges, hemis, 409's etc,. paired with newer performance cars, think that was 1989 a 10.50 NSS car was super fast then.