Originally Posted by RustyM
We run NSS down in Texas.
I have never understood the carb rules for any nss group. We can stroke engines, use the best heads, valves, valvetrains , transmissions superstock in the day would have lost their minds over, converters that would have shocked their bones , clutch set up they could not have dreamed of . Cams- well, they had nothing approaching cam design of today , machining just wasn't there as it is today. Fiberglass and carbon fibre everywhere .
Yet carbs are required to be stuck in the 60's - makes no sense to me.
With todays carb technology we can get more power with less fuel and, more consistent af across cylinders than ever before- seems we would WANT top do this and point the government to our efforts to participate in helping with carbon emissions while still putting on good racing with nostalgia cars.
Intake manifolds are far better , ignitions are better and, we use all the best equipment there.

I ,,, just,,, dont,,, get ,,, it.
How on Gods little green earth does good carbs ruin nss when nothing else on our cars , performance wise , safety wise , is true to the Super stock era of yesteryear ?
Just blows my mind.

But, to each their own , we follow the rules and have more money tied up in modding old carbs than new all billet custom carbs cost and, at 3 times the weight.
Its hard running 5.90's in the heat with old , reworked stuff thats metal fatigued etc.
This is the One area i feel all NSS groups make a mistake in.
And, that opinion is worth exactly what it cost to read it !! hahahaha

For what it is worth the carb rule is still in effect for all NHRA Stock and Super Stock cars. They must run the OEM carb, and they are much more of a stickler than NSS on the carb even having the right list numbers. And it is nostalgia super stock, that means the way they done it back then. And I agree some of the stuff that has creeped into the class I did not go along with, but it was still fun for all those years.