Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Years ago, pre 1980, CA wanted to build a large undersea water pipe from the end of Columbia river down into northern CA for more fresh water,
Both Oregon and Washinton told them to go pound sand shruggy
I'm surprised that CA hasn't already built a water pipe, canal, conduit from the exit of the Roque and Klamath Rivers to capture that water flowing into the Pacific Ocean in southern Oregon shruggy whistling stirthepot devil

I don't see how it would negatively affect washington or oregon once they get a little cash kickback for it being off their coast a little ways. The columbia makes far more sense than the missouri or mississippi, it could all be under the sea, wildlife can swim over or under it so basically no affect on that, a leak is just gonna put fresh water in the ocean that was already going in the ocean, pumping would be far simpler, you could run a 10 foot pipe with as much pumping as it can handle and it will not noticably affect the fresh water dumping into the ocean.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!