Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
So the question is this: is lake Powell 70% empty, or is it 30% full?

Last night I watched the PBS “Wild Rivers with Tillie” episode on Glen Canyon “river” that has emerged from the dropping lake level.

In 1980 I rafted the Colorado when river water flow and lake levels were near max, and the then permitted use of 5 HP maximum, extra muffled, gasoline outboard motors was about to be banned a few months in the future.

Great trip, great devout Mormon river guides, great food, hair-raising end of trip helicopter ride out of the canyon using the “hot air thermals” to gain altitude by being VERY close to the sunny side canyon walls.

Guides refused to let me swim on purpose 100% of Lava Falls ( like Robert Kennedy did) but admitted there was a real chance everyone in some of the rafts would end up swimming half of it. Guides ended my protests by saying: You may be needed to save your Mom & Dad’s lives if we flip.

Then was guilty of further “climate warming sin” by attending the Mining Convention in Los Vegas.

Won net $5000 at Roulette using the “Martindale betting system”, but had to “cover” one $8000 spin. Heartbeat rate was racing, and I have had a heart defect since birth.

Wasted Youth