Originally Posted by SV_MOPARS
Originally Posted by Kern Dog
Miguel, you DO know that a properly rebuilt and set up Torsion bar suspension will outhandle any coil over replacement suspension for about HALF the price, right?

That might be the case (or the jury is still out on that) but the weight savings and the simple fact of all the clearance issues that go away with the RMS kit is undeniable.

To be honest, I have nearly the same amount in my stock suspension as I have in the transformer set up. I was going to do a price break down to show everything, but I’m not done and still have more partsS to get. I have Hotchkis torsion bars, Blistein shocks, Firm Feel box, Moog rubber, Hellwig Swaybar, reinforced k-member (lower control arms next) MF chromoly upper arms, PST tie rods/ends and other stuff to be picked up. Did not do the brakes as I’m still on the fence on how I want he set up to perform and the limitations from larger/smaller wheel diameter available. I didn’t want a stock handeling car, had those for last 25 years. Have more fun with upgrades handling and braking.