Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk
Originally Posted by SV_MOPARS
Originally Posted by Kern Dog
Miguel, you DO know that a properly rebuilt and set up Torsion bar suspension will outhandle any coil over replacement suspension for about HALF the price, right?

That might be the case (or the jury is still out on that) but the weight savings and the simple fact of all the clearance issues that go away with the RMS kit is undeniable.

The weight savings are greatly exaggerated...

The fastest road course Mopars are still running on T-bars and leaf springs...

Weight savings...Pffft.
A stock K member for my '70 Charger is 48 lbs. I've weighed mine. Properly reinforced, it will not fail. Can you say that about the tubular stuff when driven hard and on rough roads ? (Despite paying the highest gas taxes in the nation)
These suspension companies brag about the weight savings a LOT.
I'm fine with shedding weight in the car. I fully support that but the tricky way that they compare the products isn't a direct apples for apples matter.
They take a car with power steering and front sway bar and compare it to their coil over with a manual steering rack, sway bar optional. Yeah, of course your stuff will weigh less. Try comparing manual to manual. Even then, their weight savings are minor.
The whole concept of moving weight forward and UP negates the slight weight reduction anyway.
TTI and Dougs make headers to fit our cars so what advantage do you have with coil overs there?
Oil pan clearance? Is that your only valid argument?
Okay, I'll give you that one. You can change the oil pan in half the time. Yipee!