Moparts

Magnum Force Racing any info

Posted By: ChallengerRag

Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/21/23 12:35 PM

Hey have you heard of Magnum Force Racing? Asking as I have tried to contact them for almost 2 years. Loads of emails to someone called Jen as well as their info address without ever getting a response. Is the company possibly bankrupt or similar? think it seems so strange to deal with prospective customers hmmm. Any idea?
/Michael

Attached picture 2023-01-01.jpg
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/21/23 12:57 PM

are you asking about these guys ?

https://www.magnumforce.com/

consider yourself lucky,if you never got ahold of them

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/21/23 01:26 PM

Bigdad yes asking about them, very strange customer care running a biz...

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/21/23 01:39 PM

Not sure what you need from them but, google the name , you will find many upset past customers.

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/21/23 03:00 PM

Well no not dependent on them, luckily it looks like picking up parts with Cass D.r Diff we will go ahead with custom disc brakes off the market. We will have to do some machine work ourselves but this should be able to push the project forward.
It's really a shame that Wilwood has such a sales partner as MF.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/21/23 04:16 PM

Magnum Force was started by a Guy in the mid to late 80's in Campbell Ca. ( San Jose). he looked like the guy on the Zig Zag papers with hair down to his waist. Had a Blown BB 73? Charger all black. To my knowledge, he never ran it anywhere, street or track. The business grew and he expanded. I believe the covid thing and supply shortage may have put a big dent in his ability to deliver product. Or possibly he's just winding it down. shruggyThere have been several reported failures with his suspension kits over the years. I have seen both his and RMS. There is no comparison IMO.
Jen has been there for years and I would not recommend them for anything. Especially Suspension upgrades. RMS has the market cornered there twocents

Attached picture Opera Snapshot_2023-04-21_111515_www.tomthumb.com.png

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/21/23 05:47 PM

Tjp thanks i got it!
/Micke
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/21/23 05:51 PM

Mark Worman has featured this hippie dude on a few episodes of Graveyard Cars.
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/21/23 06:07 PM

FYI Magnum Force Racing is under construction of a new Facility after moving from Campbell, CA to Nevada. They have been filling orders when available, but items like WIlwood rotors, dropped spindles and US certified steel and chromoly tubing were delayed due to pandemic and shipping delays. Even the new shop construction is delayed for completion due to a personnel shortage and materials costs in the area. If anyone needs assistance, please feel free to PM me and I can reach out to the owner and the shop staff for any inquires. I have been to their temporary facility this last November and are at a slow pace due to personnel shortage. Most items are build as ordered, so it could be weeks til they get to building a set-up for someone. Also, some of the high-end/popular muscle car shops have them shipping out regularly, so a quicky order from someone won't be processed in a timely order. One of their main problems is that Wilwood brakes has their rotors shipped from over sea and has been in constant delay with filling these orders. Magnum Force is the highest seller of Mopar only Wilwood kits out there, so they run out of stock faster than some of the smaller shops that don't have as high of a volume. I am considering using Dr Diff brake on my Magnum Force kits because of the delays. In fact I keep forgetting to call them to help with stuff like update and such. Will update when something comes up. I just spoke to Jen a few minutes ago, so I'm not sure when you spoke to her. They are bombarded with calls constantly so you probably got missed. Once again, if someone has questions, please pm me if you have an inquiry.

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/21/23 08:48 PM

Ok fine, you work for them in Vegas?
You see bombarding of phone calls mass with emails. for more than 2years..you cant just wipe out that it stinks.
Thanks for offering your contact...it might work.
Thanks Micke
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/21/23 11:51 PM

Hey have you heard of Magnum Force Racing?

yes, garbage product. poor welds and geometry. been that way for well over a decade.
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/22/23 12:05 AM

I wouldn't buy a lug nut from Magnum Force. RMS or Hemi Denny all the way! twocents

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/22/23 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by ChallengerRag
Ok fine, you work for them in Vegas?
You see bombarding of phone calls mass with emails. for more than 2years..you cant just wipe out that it stinks.
Thanks for offering your contact...it might work.
Thanks Micke

No, I do not work for them. I dealt with them regularly and have been very friendly with the owner and staff over the last 25 years. Most of the time I see people posting stuff l will come in and comment. They have had to move shops twice in 4 years, so it was very difficult to do business. Their earlier stuff 12-15 years ago did have issues do to a with welding, but I have not heard of any current issues on their new kit, the ‘Transformer’ which was suited for more severe street/racing unlike those earlier set-up that is used for mainly drag racing now.

Once again, if someone is having trouble reaching the shop, please feel free to pm me and I will reach out to them.

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/22/23 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by JDMopar
I wouldn't buy a lug nut from Magnum Force. RMS or Hemi Denny all the way! twocents

RMS is over the top in many ways. having dealt with both
RMS is unequalled in my opinion for 4 reasons.
1.Their stuff actually fits with ZERO mod's
2. It is better designed / engineered
3. Support if needed, is a phone call away
4. Their stuff works.
Posted By: SV_MOPARS

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/22/23 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by TJP

4. Their stuff works.

I will have to agree with all of these comments except there are a few mods that need to be done to the car at least on an e-body, and when i have called i actually talked to bill the owner and he answered my questions without any BS.
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/23/23 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by TJP
Magnum Force was started by a Guy in the mid to late 80's in Campbell Ca. ( San Jose). he looked like the guy on the Zig Zag papers with hair down to his waist. Had a Blown BB 73? Charger all black. To my knowledge, he never ran it anywhere, street or track.

Actually, he ran that Charger out at Ringwood Avenue all the time back in the mid to late 80’s.

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/25/23 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by lilcuda
Originally Posted by TJP
Magnum Force was started by a Guy in the mid to late 80's in Campbell Ca. ( San Jose). he looked like the guy on the Zig Zag papers with hair down to his waist. Had a Blown BB 73? Charger all black. To my knowledge, he never ran it anywhere, street or track.

Actually, he ran that Charger out at Ringwood Avenue all the time back in the mid to late 80’s.

I got out of the street racing around 1980 but was active with Street rods. He was a reqular at some of the Thursday night gatherings especially the one on Winchester between Hamilton and Campbell Ave. wink

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/25/23 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by SV_MOPARS
Originally Posted by TJP

4. Their stuff works.

I will have to agree with all of these comments except there are a few mods that need to be done to the car at least on an e-body, and when i have called i actually talked to bill the owner and he answered my questions without any BS.

up Never did an E body, but if there was a question Bill was always right there. IMO when I look at the offerings from both companies, there is no comparison. Again my opinion wink

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/26/23 01:52 AM

I do plan on getting another Transformer assembly from Magnum Force for my 1970 Cuda. I do love the boxed lower control arms, three different types of chromoly tubular upper control arms. I currently have their double adjustable one on the car and we were able to tweak the handling issues that plaque it when we found out thw previous owner did with spindles from a 1975/76 Roadrunner, cordoba brakes and truck bushings. The car was soo bad before, it was only cruiser at 33mph, then would go funky phantom all over the place. With their arms, Blistein shocks and Hotchkis leads, that car would go 95mph before the tow truck camshaft in the well worn 440 would lose power.
Hope to have both cars done so I can show people how well it drives compared to stock.if nobody buys my last car, probably put a Transformer on it so I have a track car I can enjoy. The pic with the non adjustable arm went on easily and work well on my 72’ project.

Attached picture 23837350-F9BB-48AE-ACB5-58C1D0E3A645.jpeg
Attached picture 8EE7A5A4-E811-4D59-847C-20DAF55BC9F9.jpeg
Attached picture 48AD067C-C8EB-4CB0-B525-6142B5D3DF98.jpeg
Attached picture E69C3DCC-A1EB-48CA-BEEB-8ECBE56A7510.jpeg

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/26/23 05:11 PM

Miguel, you DO know that a properly rebuilt and set up Torsion bar suspension will outhandle any coil over replacement suspension for about HALF the price, right?
Posted By: SV_MOPARS

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/26/23 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kern Dog
Miguel, you DO know that a properly rebuilt and set up Torsion bar suspension will outhandle any coil over replacement suspension for about HALF the price, right?

That might be the case (or the jury is still out on that) but the weight savings and the simple fact of all the clearance issues that go away with the RMS kit is undeniable.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/27/23 02:56 AM

That might be the case (or the jury is still out on that) but the weight savings and the simple fact of all the clearance issues that go away with the RMS kit is undeniable.

The weight savings are greatly exaggerated...

The fastest road course Mopars are still running on T-bars and leaf springs...

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/27/23 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk

The weight savings are greatly exaggerated...

The fastest road course Mopars are still running on T-bars and leaf springs...

Weight savings...Pffft.
A stock K member for my '70 Charger is 48 lbs. I've weighed mine. Properly reinforced, it will not fail. Can you say that about the tubular stuff when driven hard and on rough roads ? (Despite paying the highest gas taxes in the nation)
These suspension companies brag about the weight savings a LOT.
I'm fine with shedding weight in the car. I fully support that but the tricky way that they compare the products isn't a direct apples for apples matter.
They take a car with power steering and front sway bar and compare it to their coil over with a manual steering rack, sway bar optional. Yeah, of course your stuff will weigh less. Try comparing manual to manual. Even then, their weight savings are minor.
The whole concept of moving weight forward and UP negates the slight weight reduction anyway.
TTI and Dougs make headers to fit our cars so what advantage do you have with coil overs there?
Oil pan clearance? Is that your only valid argument?
Okay, I'll give you that one. You can change the oil pan in half the time. Yipee!

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/27/23 02:54 PM

Some people like aftermarket front suspensions and some don't it's like arguing politics ..

IF you are going to use a stock k frame, be sure to clean and inspect it very well. most are now close to 60 years old, they were not made to highest standards from factory ( a.o. smith ) and metal I have found to be poorly welded, extremely thin and often bent from another life

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/27/23 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by bigdad
Some people like aftermarket front suspensions and some don't it's like arguing politics ..

IF you are going to use a stock k frame, be sure to clean and inspect it very well. most are now close to 60 years old, they were not made to highest standards from factory ( a.o. smith ) and metal I have found to be poorly welded, extremely thin and often bent from another life

up well said. especially the first sentence twocents beer

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/28/23 03:02 AM

To be honest, I have nearly the same amount in my stock suspension as I have in the transformer set up. I was going to do a price break down to show everything, but I’m not done and still have more partsS to get. I have Hotchkis torsion bars, Blistein shocks, Firm Feel box, Moog rubber, Hellwig Swaybar, reinforced k-member (lower control arms next) MF chromoly upper arms, PST tie rods/ends and other stuff to be picked up. Did not do the brakes as I’m still on the fence on how I want he set up to perform and the limitations from larger/smaller wheel diameter available. I didn’t want a stock handeling car, had those for last 25 years. Have more fun with upgrades handling and braking.

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/28/23 05:09 AM

Ha....You think this handles like a stock rebuild?

Attached picture Folsom 11.JPG
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/28/23 06:13 AM

Nice looking Charger right there! up

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/28/23 06:17 AM

Thank you. I do enjoy driving it.
Still sporting torsion bars!

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/28/23 12:16 PM

Agreed, stock driving cars are fine, but I wanted a bit more fun, thus why I'm building 2-3 cars that have improved handling that surpasses stock equipment. Someone messaged me about the costs on these upgrades, so I'll post a link in the handling section when I get a chance to calculate my costs and what I hope to do with each car.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/28/23 03:14 PM

I have heard nothing but horror stories about Magnum Force products and geometry. I run a AlterKation front suspension in my Challenger. It is probably going on 10 years old now with plenty of street miles and racing. I don't remember exactly but it was close to 125 lbs weight savings from my original front disc brake set up. Main advantage is that I can run a 10 quart flat bottom top fuel funny car/dragster type oil pan for plenty of ground clearance and I was able to weld my 4 piece Hemi headers all into 1 piece headers. They go in and can come out from underneath with the engine still in the car.

Attached picture rsz_20160414_201144.jpg
Attached picture 20150920_190437.jpg
Attached picture IMG_8666.jpg

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/28/23 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by 6PKRTSE
I have heard nothing but horror stories about Magnum Force products and geometry. I run a AlterKation front suspension in my Challenger. It is probably going on 10 years old now with plenty of street miles and racing. I don't remember exactly but it was close to 125 lbs weight savings from my original front disc brake set up. Main advantage is that I can run a 10 quart flat bottom top fuel funny car/dragster type oil pan for plenty of ground clearance and I was able to weld my 4 piece Hemi headers all into 1 piece headers. They go in and can come out from underneath with the engine still in the car.

Most of the stories you have heard of MF is the same six people who complained about their older suspension builds from probably 20 years ago and the hundreds of times people keep repeating the same thing. The Transformer suspension is a Much better design than the tubular piece, and they build several different suspension assemblies to boot. I'm sure the set up you have on there is great for rolling around the shop, getting of the car of the trailer for an 1/8 mile pass or even on some nice roads driving for a quicky ice cream run, but I can't trust a single bar of tubing to hold the suspension on an aggressive road race or the mild, small diameter steel tubing for a lower control arms. You would think for the price, there would be more metal on it to brace it if there should be an accident or even a decent pothole/deer impact?

Attached picture DSC00730.jpg
Attached picture DSC00736.jpg
Attached picture handling6.jpg
Posted By: jcc

Re: Magnum Force Racing any info - 04/29/23 02:19 AM

We are Hot rodders.
Everything can be improved.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...rktion-on-steroids-long.html#Post1665050
© 2024 Moparts Forums