For certain the 4.7 is wider across the valve covers than the 5.2 and 5.7. Those SOHC heads sit wider and spread open more over the block-V and higher because the cams are up there too. Now, as long as I plan clearance over the valve covers I'd have no issues accessing them. But the 4.7 has hyd lifters I should rarely if ever need to get in there. When I use the remanned 4.7HO engine it'll have stronger valve springs, better head gaskets, improved lifters, improved oil flow (especially to the lifters) which addresses all the known issues with the older 4.7. I plan to use the compete cooling system from my 2001 Dak which includes the coolant recovery tank on the fan shroud, and a high flow electric fan in place of the stock hyd drive fan.

I've been using an electric fan on my 2001 Dak since I bought it used back in 2011, and never had an overheating issue. Which is likely a good reason why my Dak has achieved 203,000 miles and is still running good. So given that, an updated/improved 4.7HO remanned engine should be reliable for many years to come.

My 56 C3-B8 Dakota build