Well Gene, if nothing else, your under hood looks more organized and cleaned up than a lot of chassis swaps I've seen. Your issues has me planning ahead to probably locate my battery somewhere other than under the hood when I build my 56 on my 2001 Dak chassis. Is the battery in your 54 remote located or in the box under the cab floor? I ask because I see the pos/neg posts under the RS hood section in your 54. My 56 will likely use a remanned 4.7HO engine which I think is smaller than the 5.2V8 or the 5.7V8 Hemi. On my 2001 Dak the coolant surge tank is built into the radiator shroud with the 4.7V8. Hopefully that will fit under the fenders and hood of the 56 rather than trying to use the 56 radiator. I can modify the original 56 radiator mount frame as needed if the 2001 Dak radiator/surge tank is comparable in size to the original radiator in my 56 which has the Poly V8 in it now. Also, with the 4.7V8 the radiator/surge tank/shroud/thermostat is all located to be accessible under the DS hood section, nothing would be under the center stationary section of the hood.

Also, since I want to use my 56/Dak as a daily driver I plan to locate the battery and fuel tank somewhere back in the chassis to get more weight over the rear axle. Like a fuel tank in the frame behind the rear axle, battery in a frame mounted marine plastic box, with jumper lugs under the hood and a battery tender hookup somewhere between the cab and box on the DS.

Last edited by Andyvh1959; 04/20/23 09:48 AM.

My 56 C3-B8 Dakota build