'll give this one a bit of a long post but , try to not go overboard

I was talked into using a 904 with my Valiant build , I spoke to a couple people , couple never called back , this was covid time so, caused some issues for sure finding people and parts .. Well, I picked the wrong guy

It took forever, no problem, not in big rush, still have many parts to buy .. then took another forever .. well, now I'm getting just a little upset cause, well ,, he surely won't let me owe him several thousand dollars interest free I bet , i could look back but, it was easily 6 months

I bought convertor from him too . finally got the box , dig thru the packing peanuts and no convertor?

Call him , yeah , they are behind, and we are waiting for it .. ( now, why didn't you order that in the previous 6 plus months I have been waiting ? ) oh well, again, not the worlds biggest problem but annoying and no bother to even call just lets me find out and call him .

took another couple months to get that ( convertor)

so, get it home and unbox it .. nothing in Speedo hole , call him say .. [censored] ? oh , I'll send you plug .. yep, did and charged me for too , shipping too .. I still just shake my head and move on ..

well, finally we get enough parts and we put car together and try to make wheel go around, they go in reverse for a moment, then nothing and it starts dripping fluids out like soaker hose

We fiddle with it a bit trying to figure what went wrong , called him ( builder ) and as expected the conversation went poorly , he said send it back .. well, I guess I'm pretty leery at this point and tried to ask a couple other questions and he hung up on me

Well , that's just not the way to treat customers I say , maybe I'm wrong --guess anyone can make a mistake

anyway , I took it to local well respected. transmission shop , I felt that even if I had to pay another person to do it right , at least I would be able to speak in person the builder and be treated decent

The sprag was installed backwards , which caused the snap ring on the clutch back to fail, broke the pivot arm on the servo and seized the pump bushing to convertor hub ..

Should of listened to my little voice before I bought from this guy ( bought other transmissions from him , and the dealings were never great but, at least the parts then did work .. well, expect the last 727 , it needed to have leaks corrected at home )

My stuff will be fixed but, sure takes the happiness of hearing it run away

Last edited by bigdad; 04/27/23 07:45 PM. Reason: John Cope / CRT racing transmisisons

The lips of fools bring them strife, and their mouths invite a beating.Proverbs 18:6