Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by HotRodDave
Originally Posted by Streetwize
Just as with original max wedges, I'm sure the narrowing and rather severe port window angle is no doubt better than a standard port.....but is still limited by the lack of the raised roof and floor and the limited cross section due to the standard spring pocket and rocker arm geometry. This makes the transition to the bowl a pinch point.....but I suppose the MW logically increases the intake plenum volume and "charge" filling (or pushing through) the hole.

I always wondered where the crossover point between a low port Max wedge and say a raised standard window port like a TF 240 really shows up for a typical 550-650HP 500" combo.

It's a case where dry flow on a bench might show similar flow numbers....but in reality we know the suspended fuel doesn't 'turn' as easily as the air.

The stealth heads still look to be a great bargain, particularly when OEM sleeper appearance is a priority. 255 is a pretty decent port cc especially compared to a 906/452 port

I honestly don't know why anyone would bother with a standard port, they are barely higher performance than a comparable SB head. A 906 barely outflows an X head, raw stealth barely out performs a raw eddy SBM head. Something with 440 CID deserves a MW size port even in a very mild application. If it don't make good TQ something else is wrong beside the port volume. Heck a 392 genIII hemi has bigger ports and they make plenty of TQ in grocery getters.

Standard port heads are good for 700+ hp with a good head like the Trick Flow. So nothing to sneeze at. They work just fine for stock block stroker motors.

My ported Stealths work great with a little spray. 600 hp with a mild combo on the street is lots of fun and we regularly had the 250 nitrous jets in last year at the track. 300 tune in currently. I'm sure I'm creeping up on the limits of this stock block so standard port heads work fine for what I'm doing.

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.