Originally Posted by AndyF
Yes you are.

I tell customers that std port heads are fine for stock blocks, good MW heads like CNC ported Indy heads or TF 270 heads should be paired with an aftermarket block. Customers hate to hear that advice since aftermarket blocks suck for Mopar guys. But anything over 700 or 750 hp starts to rattle the main caps and starts the process of cracking the main webs. It is just a matter of time before the block cracks. Might last a season, might last 3 or 4 before it lets go.

I guess we’ll find out soon enough with my current build. Andy, you weighed in on my plans at the outset and thought it could eclipse the 700 mark, I’ve since then made an adjustment in cam specs, having Howards custom grind a stick real close to your 470-build article cam. My block is decked..020, so I ended up at 3.875 stroke & 468 cubes in my 400 block with TF270’s and a big 4150 up top.

Great to see someone from Source posting here. I ran a set of Stealths for a dozen years and never had one issue with them. One of the best bang per buck purchases Ive ever made! I remember when I had MCH CNC them, they said they had a MW port program. I didn’t go that direction at the time because of intake selection. but iit was tempting. Here I am a few years later with a set of 270’s on the same low-deck block.

Last edited by StealthWedge67; 02/11/23 02:24 PM.

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120