Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by 2boltmain
Originally Posted by moparx
i worked that shift for almost 45 years. in the early days when i got home, i would go to work at my junkyard until about noon or so, back home for a nap till about 6pm, back to the junkyard till about 10, then off to work.
did that 5 days a week, then saturday and sunday at the junkyard, back to work sunday night, 1972 until 1981 or 82.
i sold my 1/2 ownership to my partner then because the auto parts store he worked at as a machinist and engine assembler, closed it's doors.
as the shift foreman and machinist on the "night shift" progressed, and all those years passed doing so, i turned into a vampire, so doing things in "daylight" is "difficult". biggrin
beer

Dang i wish I had a fraction of that motivation and hustle. I do better when I tend to things the moment I get home at 635am. But I need to be outdoors when I drain, flush and refill the cooling system with proper antifreeze and this January cold and snow has sapped my desire to do anything with a garden hose outside. But the good news is I'm not on a timeline. This does not need to be ready for summer although I still would like it to be. I shake my head that the former owner of this truck ran water instead of coolant. I realize Florida is always warm but its just cheaping out to run water- plus it promotes rust. I'm glad I checked the radiator because I was gonna leave the truck parked outside in the cold.

I was a bit worried about it when I picked it up, but I was running on fumes and forgot about it until I got to Indiana and the cold rain came on strong. It will definitely be a cool fun piece when you are done!

Thanks Jim. Poor truck has been somewhat neglected. But I did a garden hose cooling system flush and got some fresh antifreeze in there now. I'm already getting ahead of myself and thinking engine rebuild but with forged pistons to better handle some nitrous. No matter how I increase power that is lower priority. I'm chomping at the bit for the weather to get better so I can use a tree in my backyard to winch the box up and off. Then its leaf spring relocation and frame painting fun.

Keep old mopars alive.