Originally Posted by moparx
i worked that shift for almost 45 years. in the early days when i got home, i would go to work at my junkyard until about noon or so, back home for a nap till about 6pm, back to the junkyard till about 10, then off to work.
did that 5 days a week, then saturday and sunday at the junkyard, back to work sunday night, 1972 until 1981 or 82.
i sold my 1/2 ownership to my partner then because the auto parts store he worked at as a machinist and engine assembler, closed it's doors.
as the shift foreman and machinist on the "night shift" progressed, and all those years passed doing so, i turned into a vampire, so doing things in "daylight" is "difficult". biggrin
beer

Dang i wish I had a fraction of that motivation and hustle. I do better when I tend to things the moment I get home at 635am. But I need to be outdoors when I drain, flush and refill the cooling system with proper antifreeze and this January cold and snow has sapped my desire to do anything with a garden hose outside. But the good news is I'm not on a timeline. This does not need to be ready for summer although I still would like it to be. I shake my head that the former owner of this truck ran water instead of coolant. I realize Florida is always warm but its just cheaping out to run water- plus it promotes rust. I'm glad I checked the radiator because I was gonna leave the truck parked outside in the cold.

Keep old mopars alive.