Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Did you not read the headline? Challenger outsells the competition. Again. And the competition has convertibles. Does that not tell you something?

Dodge does have a challenger convertible for 2023, but I have no idea how they plan to build them. Apparently they have an agreement with a custom shop in Florida to do them after you order it. I think they will get a lot of orders as there is probably "a bit" of pent up demand after never offering any since 2008.

I use to work in an ASC convertible factory, for the Toyota Solera, not exactly a strong seller like the challenger and the plant still ran 24/7. We were a separate factory down the road from the Toyota plant that built the cars, they first showed up as bodies in white to get the roof cut off and bracing welded in, then they went back to be assembled, then came back to us for convertible top and finishing.

I have no idea how Dodge plans to run 20,000~ challengers through a small shop in Florida, and maybe they figured that out because you still can't order one