anymore, in pennsylvania, there are so many antique, classic, and collector type tags available, plus year of manufacturer tags allowed, it's hard to decide exactly what a guy may want to title his ride as.
it's also just as hard for the police to decide if you have the wrong type tag in use.
in all tag descriptions, there are places your lawyer can point out that a discrepancy exists, allowing you to use the tag you have displayed.
as for example, the "antique" tag strictly states the vehicle in question must be as manufactured. it is also allowed on all vehicles 25 years old and older. you must also have a registered vehicle to use as daily transportation. there are other restrictions as well.
however giving a classic example of a vehicle that "qualifies" [and has done so for 60 years or more], is the ford "speedster".
henry never "manufactured" any example, yet in the days of old, guys removed fenders and bumpers, plus modified the bodies of model t's to go faster. not exactly in the "spirit" of the antique tag's description. it used to be necessary for four pictures to be included in an "antique" application, now, no pictures are necessary. just the 25 years and older stipulation. as this tag requires no annual safety inspection, and is a lifetime tag, more and more guys are using this tag for everything under the sun, vehicle wise.
i guess my point is, just behave yourself out there, and make sure your ride is safe.
we did this way back when, and the police gave us way more thumbs up than tickets.
my personal experience in life.
your mileage will vary.
beer