Up here in Wisconsin we can get a Collector or Hobbyist license plate for older or modified vehicles. Good thing about the Collector of Hobbyist license is the one time registration, paid once and done.

I recently bought a 56 Dodge C1-B8 pickup truck, and I need to find the original name for the Collector license plate on my 56. I looked up the number on the WI DOT website and it shows the plate is still current, registered until 12/31/3999. But now I need to transfer the title (currently lost) to my name. Once my 56 is back on the road as my daily driver it could be licensed as a truck, to register every other year, or register as a Collector or Hobbyist vehicle. However, this 56 will be my daily driver, and in Wisconsin a vehicle with a Collector or Hobbyist registration cannot legally be driven/used during the month of January. I'll have to find out from my friend's at the local sheriff department why the Collector or Hobbyist plate don't allow driving the vehicle in January.

Are other specialty license plates similar in other states? I wonder too, why a WI Collector or Hobbyist plate does not allow the vehicle to be legally driven for only the month of January. In WI a vehicle with a Collector plate can be driven in January, for only five days, if the plate holder submits a MV2750 temporary registration form.

My 56 C3-B8 Dakota build