Originally Posted by poorboy
So my trans is a 1996 46 re. I have available a 92 46 rh (?) available in unknown condition. I'm running the 96 EFI and computer, can the hydraulic OD be converted to the electric, or will the 96 computer not have a problem with the older trans? I can pick the hydraulic OD up cheap, then have it rebuilt and waiting.

To clarify my sluggish stop light acceleration, back before the fluid dump, I could fry the tire (open rear) leaving a dead stop. Now it won't spin at all, but moves the truck well after the first 10' or so. Both the acceleration issue and the loss of OD both were noticed after the fluid dump, the stop light thing right off. Dropping the trans pan is a $145+ for material only experience these days, if it would help, I'd do it, but if it won't help I'd rather put that money towards the rebuild.

The short answer is no, the 96 PCM will not work the 92 trans. Maybe someone has done it with a flash program but I would have no idea how. The O/D and L/U work the same on the RE as the RH but the RE has no hydraulic governor and the RH does.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost coming soon!
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.