Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

If it’s a nice track for sure it will be a game changer for you. You are a bad azz racer when you get out there more often.

Well it’s a track. I haven’t been there in 24 years and I don’t think they’ve improved much. Gravel pit areas.

Racing is interesting….. a few years back they ran a Mopar/Chevy/Ford brand specific race at Famoso. It was geared towards clubs and enthusiasts to come out and race. The mopar crowd probably had 2x the cars of the gm and ford class combined. It was really pretty sad. I think there were like 6 fords. Wasn’t much to enter. You could have put a ton of passes in. Race against like branded cars + an all run. I actually won mopar and $500 cash.

Last year I went to an ANRA race there. I didn’t know much about that organization other than it’s a “nostalgia” type deal. I was basically using it to put some laps on the car and get some seat time before March Meet. Think it was like $100 for track entry and class fee. There were 110 cars in my class and I made it to the finals where I red lit……. and it paid $150 laugh2 if I’d a won it would have been $250. Now I don’t race looking at payouts, but I found that ratio to be quite laughable. Apparently there were 110 racers there to just have fun. Just our class netted the organizers $11k…..