Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
Not dying out down here at all. No prep and N/T racing is king and happening almost every weekend. Lots of tracks down here compared to other areas though.
Bracket racing is dying out. More and more tracks doing away w/ their bracket programs.
Tow vehicles aren't that bad as long as you don't want to drive something new that comes w/ a mortgage payment. Down here you can still find a 10+ year old truck that hasn't rusted away though.

^^This!!^^

My local track runs a weekly bracket program, there is usually several cars there but not many spectators. They also run small tire races, a couple of street car classes, one is a daily driver deal, the other one you better be able to run mid to high 5's to be competitive. They also about run what they call beyond 660, with the starting line out just past the finish line, they race in the shutdown area. it's a flashlight start, no prep run what you brung, heads up racing that absolutely packs the place, same with the small tire no time stuff. Mostly young people will be at these events, the brackets, not so much.

I ran a 16 car street car race weekend before last, the field was supposed to be low mid 6 second cars. I was only one of three n/a cars in the field but made it down to four cars. My Dart and three supercharged late model Mustangs, I had a blast even knowing I brought a knife to a gun fight. There are some younger guys that now have a some respect for old guys in n/a cars. LOL