Originally Posted by Dragula
Curious what you guys see in the other parts of the country....

Observations from NE:
-Not that many younger folks into Drag Racing or Cars at all
-Bracket Racing is still king
-Gasser classes are shrinking
-Tow vehicles have gone to outrageous prices
-Payouts are still the same as they were years ago
-Prices of parts are getting ridiculous now
-Gasser classes are letting in more electronics now than they ever did
-A lot of the same folks win over and over
-Very little NT events here anyways
-Very little in the way of NP racing, roll racing , etc

Finding very little of any of the above to be true..at least here in Michigan.
My local trackUS131 for years paid 1000 to win in the bracket classes, with an occasional 1200 “ special” night.
Now it’s 1500, with the occasional 2000 to win. 50 to enter when it’s 1500, 60 when it’s 2000.
Fri night test and tunes are packed with tuner kids and newer type street cars and trucks. Nice summer nights, lucky to get more than a couple passes it’s so busy. 35 dollars to test and tune. Wednesday night test and tunes tend to be less well attended and primarily more hard core racers( but it’s a weekday night..so…)
Had never heard of roll racing, but the last few years a whole weekend is devoted to a series that comes in that does it now. Not my cup of tea, but is what it is.
Junior dragsters are very popular, run in 3 different classes. Many of the kids have moved into race cars. Been cool to see.
Radial/ no prep/ grudge type events are now commonplace on the schedule, never were at all just a few years ago.
Not much gasser racing around here, so there is that, I guess. Unless they are booked in for a show.

One point I forgot to mention, bracket events are now 2 complete separate races on Saturday and Sunday. This has had the effect of having less weekends tied up in the points chase, as with two races many weekends, less weekends are needed to get this done. Which allows for more dates on the calendar for grudge, booked in shows, motorcycle event , snowmobile event, VW event, Yada, Yada.
Car counts for typical bracket weeks can range from 60 to over 100 in both box and no box, 40-50 in street , and roughly the same in juniors.
In fact, car count is so strong , it’s been taking 2.5-3 hours to get everybody through a time trial, which has resulted in 1 time trial most of the time, vice 2 like it used to be

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8