I agree with Don. Racing In Michigan is pretty good. Track prep is good. Variety of different types of events. I run Brackets, Great Lakes Stock Super Stock, N/SS. Next year some Open Comp as well. Milan runs run what you brung with many heads up classes and Open Comp 1st Friday every month. Lapeer has has plenty of grudge and no prep. Mid Michigan Motorplex, Milan, and 131 all have brackets that pay close to $1K or more most weeks. Ubly and Northern Mi have weekly bracket programs as well. Ohio has plenty of events as well. But with expensive fuel and events that are pretty good here, the travel has been less than in previous seasons. Hard to travel 5-9hrs for $1500. As far as the same racers winning. Easy answer. Become better then they are. I run foot brake, no rpm chip, 10.5 tire in trans brake classes with air shift. I don't feel overwhelmed against that stuff. As far as rigs. Still using my 95 Cummins purchased years ago for $7500 along with a trailer that came in a trade for sidework. Just have to be resourceful.
Doug