Originally Posted by Transman
Originally Posted by lewtot184
i have a 440 in a '65 coronet that is strictly a street car. i use a 238@.050"/.510 lift solid cam, 110lsa, with a 1966 street hemi converter; no mods to the converter, and a 3.23 gear. this drives very well, has a good ignition curve, but the converter is a little tight for the cam. i don't know if you can buy that .528 cam anymore but somebody ought to be able to grind something close. if you want something to drive nice without the loose converter headaches i'd look at something in the 230-235@.050" range and maybe a 112lsa. a bunch of valve overlap at idle and right off idle is what messes you up. my cam has about 75 degrees overlap and that's really too much for the converter. i don't want a looser converter because the 3.23 gear works good for in town and moderate road use. loose converters and tall gears are not a good mix.

What size tire you running ?
What’s your engine speed at lets say 50 or 55 mph?

Trying to compare to my ride. I have a 10” TA 17508. Way too loose so was wondering how much difference between these two converters.
I have a SH converter to try.
28" tire. a little over 25mph per 1000rpm. this converter i use will not flash or stall according to the service manual, but i'm using a lot more cam than any factory engine which does reduce off idle torque. i've got everything tuned fairly good so even if cam/converter aren't a perfect match the car does drive very well.