The short block, minus the cam is the same it's been in all combos. A 400 based 470, 440 source rotating assembly. 9.35:1 compression.

The first combo included a comp hydraulic flat tappet (.488/.491 lift, 230/236 @.050, 110 LSA). I had a performer RPM intake, Hooker 1/78 long tubes with a 3" collector, compression bent exhaust with flow master 2 chamber mufflers, 4.10 gear, an old super street fighter converter, an MSD billet distributor, a set of big valve 213 heads and a Holley 850 street hp. I ran some 28x10.50 Sportsman Pros back then. The best I ran in this configuration was a 12.33.

I switched to a 3.73 gear and a custom curved vacuum advanced distributor and ran a best of 12.25.

I threw the exhaust manifolds on the car along with a mandrel bent tti exhaust system with Dynomax Super Turbos and went to the track once with this change and ran a 12.48. The track was marginal that day and I think I could have run a little better if I would have taken it to the track a few more times.

I then switched to some K&G ported 906's, a dp4b intake and some American Racer L60's, ran at the track one weekend and ran a best of 12.50. The weather was a little hotter that day then what it is when I normally run but, not super hot (low 80's). The big issue, which prompted the cam swap, is that I ran into valve float with the valve springs on the new heads. I'd heard for years how bad the XE series cams where with this but, never experienced it myself, until then.

I had a new solid flat tappet cam ground. Long story short, when swapping the cam, I found some bad cam bearings so, back to the machine shop it went. Upon further inspection, they discovered that the line bore was not done correctly on the mains, so; it this was corrected and the whole engine was freshened.

I ported a 301 intake and threw it on and switched to an Edelbrock 800 Thunder series carb with this iteration.

Dwayne spec'd the new cam for this combination, out of respect for him, I didn't post up the exact specs of the new cam. If he's okay with me posting them, I'll gladly share them.