Originally Posted by poorboy
My financial guy (mostly me) said I was tired of working. My wife and I both replaced our incomes when we retired, and since everything is paid for, we are living OK. we didn't want to work until the day we die.

Good thing I did retire at 62, I've been doing so many things I would have never been able to do while I was working. Starting the day off with that morning coffee on the porch swing with my wife by me side in the warmer months is better then any day at work ever was. Life is good,

We will deal with any troubles that may or may not come, when they happen. I will not afraid of the future I can not see. Collect that SS check, retire, and enjoy life while your health will still allow it. More money will not buy you more happiness.

Correct...I quit (Don't want to call it retired as the company that bought out our company is chock-full of idiots) a week before my 62nd birthday. Have not missed it one bit...not even a little. Miss some of the people, but for the most part, nothing else. I have a relative that has all the money he could ever want and has done nothing for the last 12 years except lament about how bad his life is. Money is not everything.

Never, ever argue with an IDIOT. They will drag you to their level and then beat you with their years of experience