Bottom line as stated by many: more people "buy Price" and there is some truth to "you get what you pay for" for the most part. A friend once said to me a long time ago when there was a question on why something we were talking about was more expensive than the same thing we were comparing. He said, "you know bologna is a lot cheaper than prime rib and why is that they are both meat???" If you want to see one example of some of the "hidden reasons" why some vehicles cost more than others the next time you are at a new car show or car dealership start looking at the grade or quality of the fasteners used to hold the car together, Compare a US or European vehicle's grade fasteners to the Pacific Rim built vehicles. Much higher grade and quality fasteners on US/Euro vehicles. I opened the trunk of a certain Pacific Rim car, and I never knew there was a lower grade fastener than the usual grade 4 and grade 7, the trunk latch was held in place by a grade 3 bolt. Then don't get me started on stamped metal door hinges that are weld to the door frames versus forged steel hinges bolted to the frame with high quality and grade torx or Allen type bolts on USA and Euro vehicles. I told my wife about the low-quality fasteners used on PR vehicles and she was surprised. I also said the next time you fly somewhere and you look out the window and you see a grade 4 or grade 7 bolt holding on the engine or wing RUN FOR THE EXIT!!!! panic laugh2

Guess which is a cheaper stamped steel Pacific Rim manufactured door hinge and fastener and which is the stronger forged door hinge and higher quality torx more expensive fastener?

20170228_142620.jpg20170228_145153.jpg20170228_123333A.jpg20170228_135522A.jpg