Wow, that wheelstand did get out of hand quick haha. One beautiful car. Love the 64-65 Plymouths.

Something I did not see posted much on here when it comes to taming down the launch while still running a torqueflite is a 1st gear change. Rick Allison sells a 2.28 helical cut rear planetary while maintaining the same second gear ratio of 1.45. Rick also sells a 2.28/1.45/1:1 straight cut planetary set but they are pricey. I have the 2.28/1.45/1:1 straight cut planetary in my trans but I have a backup torqueflite which I intend to one day put in the 2.28 helical cut rear planetary.

The 2.28 helical cut rear planetary is way cheaper than switching to a glide and it does help keep the launch more controllable. I have considered the glide as well but its very expensive to switch over. Especially since I have two very expensive torqueflites from A&A transmissions along with 2 torque converters from turbo action and I have a very expensive Precision Performance Products shifter.

I think the 2.28 first gear compared to a 2.45 first gear is a good thing for cars that leave hard with higher HP. Granite, I do not have the 572+ cubic inch and 572-13 heads, but my car has always left very hard even when it was footbrake car. When I switched to the transbrake I put the 2.28 trans in and it was very consistent 60' and much more controllable.

1.18 60' best
1.21-1.22 60' regularly
2835lbs
528 Wedge
440-1
71 Dodge Demon