Originally Posted by 6PAX
Here's an update on my balancer problem. I got a balancer installation tool from Autozone. I heated the balancer back up again in the oven, oiled the crank snout, seal and balancer inner bore and slid the balancer on the crank. Attached the tool and pushed the balancer on as far as it would go. It went on 3/32" further than the first time. There is still about 9/32" of the balancer bore showing and based on my calculations it should be 5/32" if the balancer was seated all the way on the crank. So it would seem the balancer should still go on another 1/8". The pulleys are still no where close to lining up and even if the balancer was on the additional 1/8" the pulleys still wouldn't line up. They are a matched pair taken off of a 440 and the water pump and housing are MP aluminum parts. The forged crankshaft is from 440 Source. I also wanted to mention I have a stock 440 balancer that I compared to the Summit piece. The bore is the same length and when you stand them both on their snouts on a table everything is the same except the body of the Summit balancer is wider but it does not affect the crank pulley at all. The face of the balancer where the pulley mounts is the same height off the table on both. I've about had it trying to resolve this. I'm thinking of selling the motor as-is and just buying a running 340 to put in the car. flame

The balancer needs to be honed a bit because it's undersized , I've never had to heat a balancer to get it on.

running up my post count some more .