The Pertronix 40111 epoxy coil and FBO’s recommended oil filled pertronix 40011 coils are the same spec, so hopefully ok. I could just go with the oil filled. I did see a post elsewhere that FBO told another user they were the same.

With the Mopar chrome box and the JEGS box that I previously tried on this car I ran the Accel 8140. I have been running that Accel coil for some time, normally with an original Mopar orange box, on other cars. I paint them black before install. I would be interested with everyone’s take on the Accel coil.

As to the other boxes, China, etc.. To me, it looks like the Summit box and the lower priced Standard box are the same manufacturer based on the housing, paint, etc. I did take a Summit box apart, it was overall similar to the JEGs unit I dissected though it did actually run what looked like a heat shedding device inside the fake outside transistor, where the JEGS fake transistor cover was empty and just screwed on. Also the connector seemed more robust. Both used sand before potting. I did not take the higher priced Standard box apart, though I have those as spares.

As I mentioned, my 440 Challenger is running the blue JEGS box right now, and that is with the Accel 8140 coil. It does run really well (knock on wood) so I have left it alone. Here is the Challenger engine bay, yes I know I am crazy OCD on these. You can see the JEGS box on the upper passenger firewall.

F3B3691B-DAAC-4493-8F0C-2DBD4445BAC4.jpeg
Last edited by Kowal; 06/28/22 05:33 PM.

'69 Hemi Charger 500, ‘70 U code Challenger R/T
(These and a bunch others at www.dkowal426.com)

P.J. O'Rouke: "The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."