Originally Posted by 70Duster
Originally Posted by cudaman1969
If you’re older than 50 you’re just filling their job interview quota. ..........Finally got another job that lasted 3 years. He wouldn’t get vaxed so they ‘had grounds to let him go’. He’s 58, un-hire able. He’s Picking up scrap metal now to make ends meet. On The first job he had credentials to enter ANY building in DC and shut it down if he saw a safety violation. So top to bottom in a few years because of age.

I don't understand how getting fired because he refused to comply with the company's vaccination mandate could be considered age discrimination.

2Bolt.... Be sure to highlight your experience in processing. A good Injecting Molding Process Technician that really understands material rheology and how the machine actually works is really hard to find. Explain the principles of Scientific Injection Molding to the interviewer and explain the virtues of transferring on position vs. transferring on pressure. Give them an exapmple of how you establish the optimun injection speed and explain how to establish gate seal. Tell them what happens in a process when you have a bad check ring. Even if they don't understand what you're talking about, it's good conversation material and will really separate you from other candidates. Don't let all this talk about age discrimination deter you. If you are good or the best at what you do, age won't be a factor. Companies are having a difficult time right now hiring qualified candidates and you are in a field of high demand if you really understand how to set up a solid plastic injection molding process using scientific principles.

Hey a fellow technician! When I am interviewed by a tech/supervisor I will be sure to discuss that- My education that's backed up with experience. Previous employers paid alot of money for the RJG Training I have. All good advice. For the record I am 53 years old. I never pursued anything higher than a floor process tech because in my experience- the supervisory and process engineer positions- while paying more included ALOT MORE GRIEF AND HEADACHES than the lower paid technician job.

Keep old mopars alive.