Originally Posted by 2boltmain
Been at my current job for 11 years. Manufacturing - plastic injection molding. I have reasons important to me for being willing to leave. I wont go into the details but I will say I am currently in good standing with my employer and would part ways professionally with the proper two week notice and no shenanigans during the final two weeks. So during the interview at a potential new employer how does one CORRECTLY answer the age old question: "What do you not like about your current job?"

Thanks!

You already know why you want to leave. I interpret your question as, "I know why I want to leave but if I honestly say why, I won't get another job, so what do I say." If that is the case, telling anything but the truth is a falsehood, plain and simple. Now I'm not saying you shouldn't spin your reasons in the most acceptable way, that is just part of the game. I'm also not saying you should bare your soul during an interview. But I've found that in an interview if you minimize your negatives and accent your positives accurately, you will generally be better off in the end. twocents

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".