Originally Posted by Greenwood
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I have friends, Father and Son, that bent up their 24 ft. enclose car trailer and 2006 Dodge 3500 dually getting off the # 70 going south onto the #15 at Cove Fort Utah when they got onto that bridge to fast in January several years back.
They had picked up a 1970 428 Cobra Jet Mustang that was all apart from a Widow in Denver, I had advised, warned them to go south to the #40 from Denver and come home to SO CA that way but they didn't shruggy

Suckers for punishment. I've only driven I-70 west from Grand Junction to I-15, but there's some big pulls just on that section. Plus the Ike Gauntlet to the east. Pretty sure I-40's a lot flatter. Hell of a lot more truck traffic on 40 vs 70. Both times I ran I-70, it would have been very easy to leg it along at 90-100, as traffic was way thin. A 2010 Nitro will happily run 85 all day. But, when it sees a grade like the San Rafael Swell, it gets real easy to wish you had another 60-70 hp on tap. smile

I-40 is a pot hole laden piece of crapola! From Kingman to Flagstaff it is basically destroyed and my kidneys are just now feeling better! I will never take that route again! mad

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!