Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Is that the first time you have seen Lake Isabella? I wonder if the GPS was wrong?I would think any truckers protest would have been on #5 going over the pass into L.A., not Hwy 58 going to Mojave
I've heard many horror stories about GPS navigation systems suggesting routings that get them lost or stuck tsk Especially up here in Oregon in the winters.
Same thing down there in the summers on trips off the main highways in the deserts and mountains tsk

You mean the former Lake Isabella? It looks like Lake Mead even worse, not much water left out there besides all the damn snow! You think it would melt and fill the lakes! As Frankie said, I generally do live in an alternate dimension...LOL! I hope I can climb I-17 and head east quickly today, only 2500 miles left to get home... panic

Take the Southern route. We traveled back & forth between Detroit & Phoenix from 1984-1992 - at all times of the year. Phoenix, thru Tucson, out through Bensen AZ, across the bottom of NM & into El Paso, then 10 & 20 all across TX., around DFW, then out through Texarkana. Through Little Rock & up to Blytheville, through the boot heel of MO, up through Illinois, etc. You'd have to modify a little to get to TN. A little longer, but WAY safer if no snow & ice! Good luck.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified