Sounds like quite the adventure.. last Friday I was taking an excavator bucket on a trailer from North Jersey to Upstate N.Y. ( about 35 miles northwest of Binghampton ) for modification. The weather was dry when I left and all the way there until I got to with in 5 miles of my destination when it began snowing hard and it continued pretty much the whole time I was there ( I had to wait for the modification to be done ) resulting in about 3-4 inches of snow. Luckily the truck I was driving had 4WD. On the return trip I went about ten miles and the roads and weather were dry and they stayed that way all the way back. Strange ...must be the lake effect snows or something. The worst driving situation I had was back in the early 80s I was driving a van for my employer at the time from North Jersey to Western Pa when an ice storm hit a few miles west of Allentown Pa. and I ended up sitting ( and sleeping ) in the van for 7 hours due to traffic being at a dead stop. Another time on the same style trip a blizzard hit Western Pa near my destination and I ended up getting the last available nearby hotel room and I ended up coming home the next day ( a Saturday )

Last edited by 11secdart; 02/27/22 01:08 PM.

68 Dart 410 / 904
92 D150 original owner
21 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, Big Horn , Hemi ,4x4
23 Audi Q5
16 Honda HRV