Originally Posted by 3hundred
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by SV_MOPARS

thats the first thing i thought, how do you have the same cam profile for a 440 and a hemi, if it were a good cam for the hemi it would have not been for the 440, i think they said the compression was about a half point lower for the hemi which did not help it, they did not prove anything that we all did not already know, but it sure was entertaining.

the Street Hemi girnd cam DC used to sell seemed to work pretty good in my 413.
are you talking about the Mopar Purple Shaft 284 street Hemi grind cam in your 413?
If so you may want to try another better grind, I hated those cams in wedges down tsk

Ditto, had one in the mid '70's, no idle vacuum. IIRC, it was discontinued and replaced with a different "hemi grind" because it hurt the low end so badly and the top end was hardly improved over the stock cam.

That was back in 88 I ran that cam. The power brakes worked just fine as did all the HVAC controls, those are vacuum operated. It worked just fine for me, but I wasn't racing it. Just a daily driver. It was a stick car with 4.10 gears so that probably helped.

Didn't seem to have an issue lighting up the N50-15 baloneys I was running either so I'd say the low end was just fine.