Interesting comparison, seemed to me, but they left power on the table with only 9:1 on the Hemi.
I'd prefer to see each one built more to their strengths as you would with a fresh build, but it was still good data.
The low-end TQ comparison is pretty valid; my Street Hemi was pretty "average" on the butt-dyno under 3500 RPM.
After 3500 though, it rapidly charged towards 7500 with a vengeance, and was still pulling when I'd hit the next gear.
On the dyno, it pulled 490 TQ, 540 HP before the AFBs were sorted out. Pretty decent in 1988.
Mostly stock, but + .060, 10.8:1, old-school Crower solid FT (.547 lift, 300 adv duration is all I recall now), headers, MSD, 8-qt Milodon pan & ported stock heads.
My 440s with similar mods have been snappier under 3500, which seems to be the heads (Eddys or Stealths, but not as much port size & CFM of course as the Hemi).
My 512 with Indy EZ top-end was pretty much a blend of both architectures; one of its strengths was being happy with a 3.23 gear, where the Hemi wanted 4.10s for all-around street/hwy use.
None of them were what I'd call fussy to maintain - so I'd say that knock on the Hemi's rep is from poor tuning.