Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I'm thinking of stepping up on my new race motor to use a crank driven Pro Charger and maybe using ethanol or methanol in it.
My question is what size are you using, which type of fuel and how much power will it make. How high are you revving your motor with your Pro Charger? PM me on here if you like also up
My current plans are using a 4.500 bore Koleno high nickel block, 4.375 stroke older top fueler crank full counterweights with a good set of B1-MC heads with either Jesel or T&D paired rocker arm set up using a EFI set up luck.

On your valvetrain, study what the fuel guys use for rocker material and bearings/ bushings. Needle bearing equipped offset rockers are a disaster in a normally aspirated, hi lift situations. I have a box full of failed rockers. If i had the money i would use steel rockers, DLC coated shafts, and pressure feed them. You are going to need some serious springs at least on the intakes, since what ever boost you run will push on the intake valve. If you adk JESEL for a catolog, you will see a lot of stuff most of us never do. Good luck with this project. I wish i could do something similar.
Edit; i forgot to mention going to bronze bushings. No more needlebearings to destroy an engine!

Last edited by gregsdart; 02/02/22 11:13 PM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky