Originally Posted by A12
Most if not all of these photos are most likely Lynch Road assembled car trunk lids, make of it what you think the "X" means, times as in multiplication, by as in 70 by 15", black as in black sidewall or black wheel color OR the start of an assembly worker playing Tic, Tac, Toe and no one else wanting to play? wink

We are down many paths with this thread, but all are tied together with the trunk graffiti. I have never seen the trunk graffiti at other plants. It makes identifying a trunk lid as Lynch Road pretty easy.

The A12 cars are very unique animals. The A12 was an option to the base Super Bee or Roadrunner. Many details on the A12 cars are left over as if it was still a 383 base model. (Tire label, fender tag, broadcast sheet and more) Please read on, I had a revelation while writing this post.

The standard tire on the 1969 Road Runner and Super Bee is an F70 x 14 RSW (T83 code). The most common marking I have for the A12 cars is either F70 X or 70 X. There is good coverage for various G70 x 15 RED markings as well which we know is the tire installed.

As I have been doing research on this topic, I have a question. When do we think this trunk label was applied in the process? Thoughts? Here is another scenario for the group to ponder. Does the F70 X or 70 X on the A12 cars mean no or eliminated? The 383 Road Runner and Super Bees I have record of wear a RED F70 designation. Just had an epiphany, the U65 code also wears a F70 X or 70 X label. Does the X mean 15 inch in place of 14 inch rims? Thoughts.....

Mike, I hope my reply answers your question on the A12 deck lids.

D

Seeking 1969 Lynch Road fender tags/Build Sheets/Window Stickers/VIN - Over 2300 so far thanks to you!!
2018 Demon Challenger PY4 A8 Black Hood
2017 Jeep Trail Hawk
2016 Hellcat Challenger PCP A8
1969.5 A12 Super Bee WM21 V1H F6 D21
1969 Coronet RT B5 D32 M46 N96