I'm busy already. Since breaking the motor in May the racing season was slow. Borrowed cars for a few races. Ran my street car, but broke the converter. Since it took so long to get parts I decided to get some minor bumps and bruises repaired on the body. Along with getting the new carbon hood and scoop painted. As always my buddy Ted did an over top job.That's all done. The trailer needed some work. Decided to rub and wax it first time ever since it was new in 2003. Pulled the screws out figuring it would make it a nicer finish.. Got about 75% done since then the weather hasn't cooperated. It also had some water leaks that delaminated the ceiling panels. Cleaned and resealed the roof. Still had a few slow leaks. Had my granddaughter blow compressed air at the suspect areas while I sprayed soap water on the outside. Bubbles showed the leaks. Sealed them and started fitting new panels. That should be done tomorrow. Machine work is nearly done so the motor will start going back together shortly. Heads, block, and oil pan had to welded up. New crank, rods, pistons, springs. Pistons are being gas ported by my friend. NMCA nixed the billet carb main bodies. So cast replacements are on order. Hopefully everything holds together in the spring and it'll finally produce a 8 second slip.
doug

20211007_164232.jpg20211024_135640.jpg
Last edited by dvw; 11/04/21 07:56 PM.