Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
Would anyone consider running a Q jet on there mopar, I know a few 318-s did? Im not sure I could do it, well I could and just not speak on it but id bet a well setup q jet at wot people would not know the difference between the two. Im really impressed with Q jests with how easy they are to work on and to get to perform.
85 through 89 Police 318 four barrel cars switched from TQ to the quadrajet. I've owned several and will say they ran pretty good and also had that great sound.

1985-1988 Dodge Trucks and B-Vans with the 360 V8 were also equipped with Rochester Quadrajet carbs from the factory.

Many years ago, I owned a 1985 Dodge truck with a stock 318 2bbl V8. I took off the factory 2bbl intake/carb and installed a used Edelbrock Performer intake and Rochester Q-Jet carb.

The carb came from a late 1980s Dodge Truck with a 360 V8. I bought it from an auto wreckers and had it rebuilt by a local carb rebuilder.

The truck ran great with the Q-Jet. Started instantly hot and cold. Gas mileage and power improved. Overall drivability was much than the factory 2bbl carb.

I like the Q-Jets and I highly recommend them. IMO, they are a more reliable carb then the Thermoquad.