Originally Posted by Leigh
[quote=HardcoreB]
Again, respectfully, after a couple dozen sets of PH362 Phoenix (Firestone Drag 500, in the “old days”), once they get used, and then sit for more than 6 months, they loose that nice soft, suppleness. I can tell, as there isn’t any debris stuck to the tread face. When they are fresh, they actually make a heck of a mess, there is so much debris that sticks driving back after a pass. Anyway, that’s my take. Thanks!

I found just the opposite with a set of 16x33x15 Goodyears that had been on my current S/P car for over 6 years in Tuscon, AZ stored inside, they had been well used but had a little over 1/2 the wear indicators left even with one set of the cords on the side walls being broken.
I put a 650+ HP E 85 bracket motor in the car and did one long burn out and they work very well shock shocked the hell out of me shruggy
I have had similar experiences with the old Firestone drag tires when I ran NHRA stockers back before 1989, 50 runs max and replace and sell them at a swap meet for 1/2 price whistling realcrazy
I had friend who would put 15 to 30 runs on them and then put new ones on due them starting to slow down a little bit each run after they quit hooking well whiney

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 10/09/21 09:30 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)