How "dead on" is anyone's ET prediction software? Really?

Is anyone using it without fudging the numbers for any of the hundreds of variables besides the weather every run?

I tried in a .90 application where the car needs to be adjusted to an index every run. LIke herding cats. Especially if you travel. Tracks are all different. Gave up on it.

Focused on getting a good handle on what a weather change did to the car. Humidity, grains of water, vapor pressure or whatever you are using to measure water in the air, is the hardest thing to deal with, especially with a small cubic inch, relatively low compression deal like I was using. Especially as it increased above ~ 60-70% and the performance loss really started to spike..

.01 ET change/100' DA change is what we want to know.. Use the first hit of the weekend, not the last 50 runs, as a baseline to see where the track is and work from there. Multiple day events are where knowing your car well pays off.

A data base with a bunch of runs from different tracks, different lanes, different areas, etc is junk to me. I adjust from the last run, unless it was a flyer and/or was way off without a good reason. Happens.

Throw in a throttle stop to deal with and it really gets to be fun.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 10/09/21 02:27 PM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.