You just have to shop it all out. Nobody has all the parts. Nobody has all the best prices. Nobody always has the fastest delivery. Etc, etc.

As licensed rebuilders, my son and I buy a lot of parts and we usually shop for the best price. But sometimes time is of the essence, sometimes the particular quality rules, availability is becoming more of an issue and on and on.

Ebay ends up getting more of our business than the other suppliers. But we get parts from RockAuto, Amazon, Keystone, CarPart, as well as the local auto supplies and others. It takes time to shop the parts we need from all these suppliers. And we don't necessarily shop every single part from every single supplier, but we do shop most items over $20.

There are a lot of ways to shop RockAuto that will save you money. Use the 5% code on RetailMeNot. Add small things like oil filters and wiper blades to the order that usually do not add to the shipping. Go to the HTML close-out parts. Make sure to get all that you can from the same warehouse, etc. Ever with all that, Ebay beats them the majority of the time. And often on the very same part. The local auto supplies are the real losers in this. Five years ago, they got more than 50% of our business. Today, it is less than 5%. I don't understand how they can have such dunces on the counter and still have the mail order guys beat them by 25% or even 50%. Something doesn't compute. And just to be clear, we are often talking the same, exact part. Apples to apples.

So, things change. You just have to shop it all out and see what works for you. twocents

Master, again and still