Moparts

GRRRR..Rock Auto!!

Posted By: Wagonmaster

GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 06:17 AM

"On the 23rd of September, I placed an order with you. it is # 187451243
. I paid almost $30 for 2nd day shipping. I still have not received part
of the order. What gives? I need these parts. It has been a week!!

Perry Litchfield"

[Ticket#100164880] Missing/long shipment
Online Sales
RockAuto Customer Service

Sep 30, 2021, 2:18 PM (10 hours ago)

to me

Hello,

To review order details, check an order status, report a problem with your order, or arrange a return, please visit our Order Status & Returns page. For instructions, please see Help with Existing Orders.

Thank you again for helping us keep our prices low by using our online resources,

Rodney
www.rockauto.com

Perry Litchfield

Sep 30, 2021, 2:36 PM (10 hours ago)
So this means the almost $30 you charged me for 2nd day delivery is just money I have thrown away? Can you resend the parts??
Perry Litchfield

Sep 30, 2021, 2:38 PM (10 hours ago)
I have gone through the hoops in your "Order Status & Returns" forms. All to no avail.

Sep 30, 2021, 2:47 PM (10 hours ago)

to me
Dear Mr. Litchfield,

Thank you for your email. We’re sorry you did not receive your package on the date the carrier expected. Transit times and "Receive by" dates are estimates by the carrier and, while usually accurate, are not guaranteed by RockAuto. As a courtesy, we will refund you the difference between the shipping method that you ordered (2 Business Day Express / $12.99) and the shipping method that you received (Home Delivery / $8.99).

This amount is $4. We will refund your original payment method within 3 business days. We will email you when the refund is issued.

You should receive your package within the next few business days. You can continue to monitor the status of your order (or arrange a return should you decide that you no longer need the part(s) when they arrive) using our Order Status and Returns page.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

Wyatt

RockAuto HELP
http://www.rockauto.com"

NEVER again from Rock Auto. No customer service telephone. No help with shipping issues. I guess I should be happy I got $4. Package has been in Memphis, TN, for a week. FedEx acknowledges this. No answers from them either, as to why or a possible delivery date.

Rant/vent over. Thank you.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 07:49 AM

Crap happens, I ordered three items from rock auto last week reg, shipping had all three in three days.

Hit and miss..... dont stress it.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
Crap happens, I ordered three items from rock auto last week reg, shipping had all three in three days.

Hit and miss..... dont stress it.

Sounds like tge shipper. I bet Rick Auto in 2 days Fed Ex ground.
Amazon waz,a month as they sat on the items befire they shipped,. Then packages just sat at shipper. Then shipper sat at one location, then half way here, then sat here at local warehouse befjre final delivery. 3 days shy of a month.
Fed ex ground on another package from Amazon. Amazon sat on shipping then shipper lost it so 6 weeks.
Now the US Mail says they are slowing down mail. My mail man takes 1 to 3 hours lunch brakes
Posted By: 70Duster

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 09:59 AM

Looks like the shipping company dropped the ball, not Rock Auto. How is this Rock Auto's fault?
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 10:08 AM

I read in Jan of this year that Amazon and others CANNOT guarantee the shipping they state or the times you pay for. Next day is not next day. In fact if you pay extra for next day or 2 day you are NOT guaranteed arrival in the time YOU PAID FOR. So I simply pay the standard sipping and hope my item arrives when stated.
Posted By: oldjonny

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 10:08 AM

Shipping is a total mess right now. Company I work for is really struggling to get material to build machines. Dates promised mean almost nothing anymore. I would not blame Rock Auto for this one.
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 10:13 AM

In June of this year I ordered a resonator pipe for my 2000 Camry. Shipping was $24. 2 months later in August I went to order the EXACT same resonator pipe for my other 2000 Camry. (Yes I own 2) Now that shipping is $134!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took the customer rep 3 replies to my emails before he finally stated the freight companies have raised their rates on some shipments. Everything is crazy and changing for the worse by the month!!!!!! Buyers must beware and prepare!
Posted By: Sniper

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 11:33 AM

This is why I am so glad I got out of customer facing jobs. Your problem is with the shipping company, what do you expect RA to do? Fly to Memphis, root thru the shipping company's warehouse and hand deliver it?

As for what the shipping costs are, you are crossing a border, shipping company's charge a premium for that, again not RA's fault.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 12:21 PM

It always amazes me where customers place all the blame !!
Posted By: Wagonmaster

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 02:56 PM

Parts are for my car. I'm not blaming Rock Auto for the shipping, I am railing on the nonchalant attitude of their "customer service." I am all in FedEx's case - where the part still sits, as it has since last Saturday, in Memphis, TN, after receiving near $30 for 2 little boxes to be delivered "guaranteed" 2nd day. I could have driven and gotten the parts myself! I am done with internet ordering. I will just wait the wait on a local basis or walk/ride the bus.

Shipping Ground, 2 Business Day Express $ 28.97
Tax $ 7.94
Order Total $ 130.12
Visa -$ 130.12
Balance Due $ 0.00
Posted By: TJP

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 03:04 PM

Went through a very similar deal with a seller on Ebay that shipped USPS. The package was about 100miles away (KC) and then went to Witchita ? where it purportedly left for the Uranus I'm thinking. After a week or two the J/O finally refunded the $$ after I got Ebay involved. Never did see the parts and that was a month ago pity
Posted By: wingman

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 04:51 PM

If it something I'm not in a hurry on, I'll get it from Rock Auto or online. If I order it Saturday, I know I'll have it by next Saturday.

But if it's something I need ASAP, I'll go with the local parts house.

Shipping is too stressed right now--it's hit and miss.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 05:28 PM

Stir the pot here??

RockAuto, LLC Corporate Headquarters
6418 Normandy Lane
Suite 100
Madison, WI 53719
1-608-661-1376
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 06:10 PM

Sounds like the shipper to me. A few weeks ago I shipped vis FedEx Ground a muffler to a guy also in MI. - so from me to a customer maybe 80 miles away. Should have arrived to him next day. It took 8 business days. Went from me, to TN, then to NC, then to OH, then to the customer in Michigan eventually. NICE!
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 07:33 PM

I gave up on RA after realizing that the shipping charges, estimated delivery times, and shipping locations were one big cluster and I wasn't really saving anything. Sure the parts prices are low, but to get it to you is roulette. Their website though is a great tool to get any idea of what's available. Get the part number and use the shopping function of google. Amazon, summit racing, and many others typically have the same parts slightly higher but in many cases free shipping.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 08:40 PM

Rock Auto has been a good resource for me, but I’ve found you have to be heads up about shipping.
I’ve ordered things and thought as long as I’m doing that, I’ll also grab a couple Wix oil filters or an air filter. Sometimes that adds nothing to the shipping, other times I notice shipping is going to increase $10 so I go back and delete the filters from my order. They have multiple warehouses so if everything you want is in one location, it will go in one box. If it’s coming from different warehouses, you get charged shipping on multiple boxes.
I find the shipping charges to usually be reasonable, but I hear others complaining about it. It must vary by what part of the country you are in. To northern IL is very reasonable.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ron_M
I gave up on RA after realizing that the shipping charges, estimated delivery times, and shipping locations were one big cluster and I wasn't really saving anything. Sure the parts prices are low, but to get it to you is roulette. Their website though is a great tool to get any idea of what's available. Get the part number and use the shopping function of google. Amazon, summit racing, and many others typically have the same parts slightly higher but in many cases free shipping.

While I agree with most of this....there are plenty of cases where you can't beat RA. Example.....looking for pads/rotors for my truck. Looked on RA....they had a nice Raybestos kit for $xxxx. Took the part# went on Amazon/Google...no such kit. Found the pads/rotors separately but the price(w/free shipping) was no where NEAR RA even with shipping(we're talking $50+ difference). Had them in a couple days, still on the truck today. Shop around!
Posted By: Sniper

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ron_M

I see this a lot, but if you use the tools RA gives you it's not too difficult to get everything you want from one warehouse for less than you can elsewhere.

For example, I am in the process of converting my 51 Plymouth to disc brakes. With the exception of the custom caliper brackets I bought everything from RA. The cost was less, delivered (shipping and taxes included) than any local source before taxes. I shopped NAPA, Autozone and O'reilly's, small town so limited options for local sources.

One thing to remember is that when you are looking at parts, if there is a little truck looking thing next to the part you are looking at it means that it ships from the same warehouse as a part already in your cart. See image for pinkish orange truck thing.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 08:52 PM

Aware of it now, thank you up
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/01/21 08:57 PM

I do not want to get into politics so this fact not opinion.
Over a year ago we started paying not to work.
And many aging drivers also retired. Plus an already shrinkingpool of those who wanted to go into the profession of driving.
Add into that losing the pipeline deal so fuel went up and so did the cost of being an independent so some called it quits.
Then add in the loss of workers at plants that supply what is needed to supply the manufacturers. As well as the same plants being short handed to manufacture.
Summit Racing sold me something that was listed as 3 to 5 day ship from vender 4 months ago.
I am still waiting. I will note they have given me the option to get refunded.
Talking with the vender their hands are tied as some items used to make what I ordered are outsourced. Yes I did get some of the order but need the rest to make the car operational.
2006 to 2007 I had to rebuild my whole home and did so with almost 90 percent USA made goods. Sadly today in 2021 I do not thing tgat would be possible.
And the last car I bought was made in Canada by union worker's (CAW) and was higher Canadian and USA than most. I wanted something assembled here or Canada.
If we want things to change we need to change! We have no one to blame but ourselves.
I used to be able to drive to the butcher who killed on Monday and had great meat. But sadly they cost more so could not compete. To many bought on price instead of quality so they closed up.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/02/21 12:41 AM

You just have to shop it all out. Nobody has all the parts. Nobody has all the best prices. Nobody always has the fastest delivery. Etc, etc.

As licensed rebuilders, my son and I buy a lot of parts and we usually shop for the best price. But sometimes time is of the essence, sometimes the particular quality rules, availability is becoming more of an issue and on and on.

Ebay ends up getting more of our business than the other suppliers. But we get parts from RockAuto, Amazon, Keystone, CarPart, as well as the local auto supplies and others. It takes time to shop the parts we need from all these suppliers. And we don't necessarily shop every single part from every single supplier, but we do shop most items over $20.

There are a lot of ways to shop RockAuto that will save you money. Use the 5% code on RetailMeNot. Add small things like oil filters and wiper blades to the order that usually do not add to the shipping. Go to the HTML close-out parts. Make sure to get all that you can from the same warehouse, etc. Ever with all that, Ebay beats them the majority of the time. And often on the very same part. The local auto supplies are the real losers in this. Five years ago, they got more than 50% of our business. Today, it is less than 5%. I don't understand how they can have such dunces on the counter and still have the mail order guys beat them by 25% or even 50%. Something doesn't compute. And just to be clear, we are often talking the same, exact part. Apples to apples.

So, things change. You just have to shop it all out and see what works for you. twocents
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/02/21 02:44 AM

I'm done with Rock Auto as they do not honor the warranty on a bad part (defective). If I had installed it and it failed, maybe. Never again. They lost me over an $8 (or so) lower control arm bushing...
Posted By: GMP440

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/02/21 04:01 AM

I stopped going for the higher priced 2 or 3 day shipping. Did it once or twice. The parts would come in 6 days or more. Now, I just get the lowest shipping.
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/02/21 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Sounds like the shipper to me....

It IS the shipper, but it's Rock Auto's shipper, and if Rock Auto gets enough complaints, maybe they'll enough leverage over their shipper to force some change for the better. OH, but as said...give the shipper an ear full too.
Posted By: 70Duster

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/02/21 11:50 AM

Rock Auto was ok with warranty work for me. I had a lifetime Walker muffler on a car for over 10 years. When it finally rusted out, they sent me a new one which I paid for, and when I returned the rusted out one at their expense, they refunded my money.

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/02/21 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk
I'm done with Rock Auto as they do not honor the warranty on a bad part (defective). If I had installed it and it failed, maybe. Never again. They lost me over an $8 (or so) lower control arm bushing...

Nobody is perfect. With your 'one strike and you're out' policy, you are going to run out of suppliers. Everybody we have ever dealt with has made mistakes including RA. And to be sure, there are unpardonable sins. But your policy will hurt you more than it will hurt RA.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/04/21 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk

Nobody is perfect. With your 'one strike and you're out' policy, you are going to run out of suppliers. Everybody we have ever dealt with has made mistakes including RA. And to be sure, there are unpardonable sins. But your policy will hurt you more than it will hurt RA.

It's about not backing up a defective product because I had it on the shelf "too long" (about six months). Had I installed it and it wore out they would have covered it. That is simply unacceptable to me. Warranty should have covered it...

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/04/21 02:13 PM

I do understand. But you are still probably hurting yourself more than them. It's a shame, but it is the reality of it. Good luck.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: GRRRR..Rock Auto!! - 10/04/21 05:38 PM

I just ordered some parts for my Jeep from RA last week. One set of parts came from a seperate warehouse, then the other set of parts. I used the lowest price ground shipping option. I had ALL the parts in my order within 3 days of my ordering them...so I never had a problem (so far) with them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums