56 here and the wife is 50. She can retire in a little over 3 years with a 30 year pension. That is part of the picture. She can't collect it until she is 55. Even in 5 years I'll only be 61 so not able to collect SSI for another year. I understand her point in that right now she drives 130 miles each day round trip but am trying to show her that 5 years is actually more reasonable. That and we have our youngest son in HS still so 4 years for college(if we are lucky) and bingo, he is done. So what are our plans? We live in Maryland and they tax the heck out of you so moving to the Smoky Mtns is our goal. Because I'm diabetic, will still need health insurance so want to get myself some easy job with health insurance. Need to finish the hot rods off and am heading in the right direction there but lots to do. Will probably need a 4 car garage built also. Semi-retirement sounds kinda busy in reality. Hope I find a good friend wherever we land because the wife isn't interested in doing much. Heck, We can't even agree on travel plans. I want a new truck and a camper. She insists on a motorhome. If by some chance we end up where she actually wants to move(north Idaho/western MT) I want to try camping and gold panning. Once Hockey season starts, taking trips up into Canada to watch several of the junior teams. Honestly, I think just chilling for a while would be nice also. Tired of doing stuff.

67 Barracuda FB 69 Superbee "Southern Maryland: If you want a good looking woman, you had better bring her with you"