I have a year to go. Will be just 63. Nearly 40 years in. I signed off on a program that I draw my pension the last three years of work, but there is no “backsies “. When I leave I w have the three year nest egg, plus my other investments.

We are doing some major harvesting soon on our tree farm, and I hope to improve our cattle ranch. Maybe enjoy my Challenger some, but I am at the point were tinkering with a car on the side of the road isn’t what I prefer to do.

Torn between completely retiring or work in another sector of my government, in which I can draw my pension; draw a salary, and take advantage of the HSA and other tax deferred programs offered. I would pretty much use my new paycheck to play with, and let my investments ride.

If I retire completely, I will draw SS immediately. That “earning 8%” by waiting isn’t for me. Every year waiting is 30,0000 that would be in my pocket. By age 79, it all balances out.

Really odd, that I have a decision to make, but law enforcement work the past two years has really sucked.

'70 Challenger R/T 383
'16 Hemi Durango SSV (work vehicle)
'15 Ram Police SSV