I'll be 65 in 2 weeks. I retired @ 62, something I would advise everyone to do if they can. my wife retired the year before I did (she is 2 years older then I am). We rather enjoy spending time together, (married 45 years last May) and we enjoy cruising in our cars. There is a lot of the USA to see, and I intend to drive through the lower 48, we have most of the mid section and most of the south eastern section covered already, but the north east and the north west we have yet to make it to.
Health is still pretty good, but my younger years of body abuse is catching up with me. In HS as a Junior, I was 6' 1" tall and wrestled in the 155lbs weight class (yea, I was a skinny bean pole). I've added about 2 1/4lbs a year since then (a lot of it was just out of HS). I've lost about 10 over the last year, but still need to loose some more, I can tell the extra weight is not good. I do a physical every year because I need prescription medicine, but always the tests come back with everything in the middle of the recommendation numbers.
I can only sleep 5-6 hours at a time (since my mid 20s), but lately, that hour nap mid afternoon is pretty nice. Though retired, I still manage to do 5-6 hours of fairly physical work a day (except most weekends) but then I'm done for the day. At this point, life is very good. Gene