Originally Posted by poorboy

My point is, sometimes, having a car you have little money in, that you can actually drive it in any way you want at any given time is worth its weight in gold! Unless you are in love with that 66 Coronet, put it together cheap, and enjoy the drive as often as you can. I'd probably ditch the 3:91 gears though, but that might be just me. The 3:91s would detract the highway driving experience too much, and would probably add to the broken parts list, and the local police donation society. Gene

This is where the real confusion sets in for me. I really like the car, I've wanted one since I was old enough to know what a car is because of my dad's car. I don't mind throwing it together on the cheap and enjoying it. But it would likely be a go-for-ice-cream locally more than a highway cruiser. The 600 HP big block is in my Super Bee with 3.54 gears and a 30" tall tire. It is bearable on the freeway with the 4-speed.
My most common vision for the car is a cruiser. A decently powered injected big block with air and a 3.23-3.55-3.91 gear with a Gear Vendors or a 518. Maybe a single turbo. Something that handles well, looks true to the era, and will hold its own on the freeway or the occasional 1320 pass. I just don't think it is the right car for me to try my first Gen 3 swap in. It needs a fairly efficient big block in it. Maybe just driving it and enjoying it is the best route to go for now.

Last edited by OhioMopar; 08/25/21 05:22 PM. Reason: Typos

1969 Dart GTS 340
1969 Super Bee X9 N-96
1969 Coronet R/T X9 N-96
2015 Dodge Dart GT
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn.
Looking for the original block for my Bee. The last 4 are 7449