I picked up a '66 Coronet 500 in mid June, originally a 318 with air. It came with a 360, 440, and 2 727's. I sold off the 360, the small block 727 and just sold off the 440 this weekend. I've been getting the Super Bee more road worthy and have been driving it every chance I get. Plan 1 for the '66 was to throw the 440/727 with a borrowed 3.91 in it and do it on the cheap, just to get it on the road and enjoy it. Plan 2 was to move the 512 into it from the Bee and put together a 6-pack engine for the Bee, cruise it more. Now I have trouble with the idea of taking a running car apart again to make another one run. I have access to a dirt cheap motor home 440 that is complete, my 727 is just about finished, and I've been through the brakes and installed the 3.91 in it. New front wheel bearings, rebuilt calipers(one has a metric bleeder screw in it. flame), new Dr. Diff hoses, all new brake lines, new master cylinder. I ordered new wheel bearings for the rear since it looks like the grease has been washed out of the current ones, and the axles are out anyway.
What have you all done with smogger engines? Change the cam and springs with a Hughes Whiplash kit, oil pan, pickup, mounts , intake and a coat of paint and run it? The thing that held me up from using the other 440 and the motor home engine is the cast crank. The convertor I'm going to pick up is an 11", so I would need a weighted flex plate.
Maybe I should find a 318 Poly, get the air working, and make a daily driver out of it...
I find very few can be effectively indecisive like me.

6601.jpeg

1969 Dart GTS 340
1969 Super Bee X9 N-96
1969 Coronet R/T X9 N-96
2015 Dodge Dart GT
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn.
Looking for the original block for my Bee. The last 4 are 7449