Nothing says a fellow didn't just add the stripe kit and a set of Rallye's to an otherwise basic Volare coupe. The car is over 40 years old, things have most definitely been changed on it since it was new. I've seen so many "children" post pictures asking if glaringly obvious aftermarket parts were available as options. They just don't know that there was an actual automobile aftermarket before their appearance on this planet.

My favorite one is when the obviously uninitiated use words they don't understand. Case in point, there's a fellow over on the AMC board who's a nice enough fellow but will pontificate needlessly on the fact that his '74 Javelin has an AM/8-track multiplex stereo. I've tried to mention to him that he's using the term 'multiplex' wrong. Multiplex is for the FM band and refers to the fact that it can receive both FM mono and FM stereo signals. The AM-ONLY with 8-track tape cannot do that as it does not receive FM signals. There's no multiplexing going on.

But.... you'll never be able to explain that to this guy because he's owned the car since new. I've told him that's irrelevant but then he just gets pissy.

Every hobby seems to have these 'experts'.

How many 440 Hemi's are out there? Or Six-pack 383's?? You'll argue 'til your death with these boneheads.

Last edited by That AMC Guy; 07/17/21 01:29 AM.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....